New Price for Behind the Wheel – $340.00
DSD Driving School is committed to driver education excellence…
DSD Driving School is committed to delivering high impact, quality training and education. Our instructors are independent contractors who have completed classroom and behind-the-wheel training as required by the State of Virginia. They have undergone and passed background checks as mandated by DMV. Additionally, all of our vehicles are equipped with right side instructor brakes, also mandated by DMV. Our instructors have been trained to control the vehicle from the passenger side in case of an emergency. We continually stress Safety during behind-the-wheel training on-the-road and in the classroom.
- Take the DMV Practice Tests
- Get plenty of sleep the night prior to testing
- Start studying 2 to 3 weeks in advance
- Maintain a positive attitude
The Virginia DMV allows enrollment in both public and private school Driver’s Education programs, as well as in Virginia State approved Driver Training Schools. Our program complies with DMV standards and consists of:
- 36 fifty-minute periods of classroom instruction
- 14 fifty-minute periods of in-car instruction (7 periods of driving and 7 periods of observation)
- 3 time failure re-certification classes for both Juveniles and adults driver’s manual course (8-hours)
We follow the guidelines set forth by DMV.
We also offer Driver Improvement Clinics/traffic school for those who are court ordered, DMV recommended, or as a volunteer. Taking this class will enhance your driving record by adding 5+ positive driving points to your record, in most cases.
Our goal is simple: To create learning and driver education success stories, one student at a time.
We do this through personalize instruction, compliance with DMV, and the Virginia Department of Education’s standards of learning while working hand-in-hand with the student’s classroom teachers for the most efficient learning experience possible.